1. Fees for tuition start from £40 per hour for KS1/KS2 pupils and £45 per hour for KS3, payable in advance for each term (12 week block). You should pay SMART Tutoring directly via the BACS details provided. If payment is not received by the date listed on your invoice, unfortunately the tutoring sessions will be cancelled.
2. If you choose/need to cancel tuition that has already been accepted and confirmed (letter and invoice sent) then this cancellation needs to be at least one calendar month before the payment is due (date shown on invoice). If cancellation is not received on/before this date then 50% of the block fee will still be owed.
3. Scheduled tutorials will always take place on the day and time and venue specified in the letter that accompanies these terms and conditions, unless a tutorial is rearranged for a time that is mutually convenient to both tutor and student. Lessons will continue until a mutually agreed termination date- this is usually at the end of the 12 week block unless you additional blocks/sessions are booked in advance.
4. Lessons cancellation: If you know in advance that there is going to be a clash with a tutoring session, please let SMART Tutoring know immediately. They will then try their best to re-arrange the session for a more convenient time. This will be done at the discretion of SMART Tutoring, and although best efforts will be made to find another suitable time, this is not a guaranteed and a refund will not be made. For planned ‘absence’, a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required.
5. Sickness: If the student is ill then best efforts will be made to re-arrange the tutoring session, however this may not be possible and no refund will be paid. The sooner you make your tutor aware of illness, the more likely they will be able to rearrange. If your tutor is ill they will contact you in advance of your session and will endeavour to rearrange. If a suitable time cannot be found then a refund, for that session, will be made.
6. SMART Tutoring will work within the school curriculum, however we will not complete assignments/essays which are meant to be the student's own work.
7. We strive to provide the best possible service. However, we will not be held accountable or responsible for the academic success or lack thereof demonstrated by the student/client. Although we will do everything in our power to help grades and skill sets improve, we can offer no guarantee thereto.
8. We are not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of use of our tutoring service, or any errors or omissions in the content of our materials. You the client specifically waive any and all claims arising from the use of this tutoring service.
9. All materials we create in-house are copyright. You agree that you will not publish or distribute any portion of any materials without prior written permission from us.
10. If a tutor deems the environment to have become unsafe or a student’s behaviour is deemed as inappropriate, the session will be ended immediately. A refund for the session will not be made. However, the tutor will return for following sessions unless discussed otherwise.
11. SMART Tutoring will require a suitable study space, with limited distraction.